Your role is to provide on-call service, preventative maintenance and quality assurance on a wide range of audio visual, lighting control, IT network, CCTV, access control and integrated sub systems installed by Environ in the residential, MDU and corporate sectors.
As part of the service and maintenance team, you will aim to deliver and meet the required service level agreement as per the service contracts to our clients. Day to day works will be made up of technical phone support to clients, reactive on-site service visits and scheduled preventive maintenance of the systems Environ support. You will also be called on for any small works associated with maintenance or upgrades to their projects.
In addition, you may also be called on to support installation projects as and when needed. This will include working on new and or existing projects within Environ.
You will report to the Head of Service and Maintenance for day to day requirements, while also being overseen by the Operations Director of the AV/Technology division.
- Taking ownership of the works you are assigned to resolve all notified support and service issues to resolve promptly, courteously and professionally to agreed service levels (SLAs).
- To keep the client fully informed during and at resolution of all service and maintenance issues.
- Ensure the timely production of service visit reports and ensure that these are filed, singed and processed as per Environ’s outlined processes.
- Service, maintain and update all installed equipment within the integrated systems as per client maintance agreement. This includes but not limited to Audio Visual, Cinema, Lighting Control, Network/WiFi, BMS controls, CCTV, Security/Access controls, door entry and integration to 3rd party systems.
- Troubleshooting and repairing of termination faults including – power, data, audio, video and control cabling.
- Understand and interpret system design and schematics to ensure all systems are installed and maintained to the agreed spec and Environ standards
- Assist the installation team onsite when required in installation tasks such as (but not limited to) outlet installation, cable terminations, equipment install, rack-build work and cable testing.
- Review and update system schematics, cable schedules etc (through design team support) to ensure the O&M documentation and ‘as built’ are current to any changes made for future reference and project servicing.
- Collaborate closely with the programming team, to establish the brief for any servicing or updates to the control systems that are required. Understanding their requirements for setups and commissioning on-site and in the office.
- To give input on quality assurance checks for installations and advise or comment any issues from a service and maintainace viewpoint that need resolving.
- Assist in keeping the service and maintance storage and office clean and tidy, with items organised, labelled and stored appropriately.
- Represent the company with the necessary level of professional conduct and presentation
- Complete timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Available for Out of Hours/On-Call Rota Schemes within Environ.
- Implement and adhere to any Company Quality Management Systems
- Adhere to companies’ documentation processes, file structure and cloud storage
- Have a full UK driving licence and have no restriction to be able drive cars assigned to you by Environ.
General requirements and knowledge
Environ offers training in both specific manufacture product training and general system training as required. The responsibility is shared between Directors and yourself in highlighting or identifying areas or system you need training or support in to increase your knowledge or understanding.
- A positive attitude, a ‘can-do’, ‘team first’ approach to your work.
- An understanding of the complexities of an integrated system installation project.
- Plan and organise work and day to day activities while informing management teams.
- Competent to a high level of computer literacy
- Working to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring that we complete our work thoroughly, never walking away from a problem.
- A detailed level of understanding of audio, video, control and network signal flow.
- Working knowledge in Control system programming (including but not limited to uploading and minor changes to Crestron Simpl Windows, Use of Toolbox, Crestron DM, Savant, and basic BSS/DSP configuration)
- IT Network knowledge; an understanding of AV systems integration with new and existing IT systems. IP addressing, subnets, VLAN and WiFi system setups and commissioning.
- Working knowledge of Lighting control systems, dimming requirements (Phase/Dali/DMX), keypad addressing, system troubleshooting and electrical fault finding (Including but not limited to Lutron, Crestron, KNX)
- Connection, setup and addressing of CCTV, Door intercom/entry and access control systems (Including but not limited to BPT, TBS, Comlit, 2N, Hikvision, Axis, etc)
Environ offers to it’s clients evening and weekend cover in supporting and servicing their systems. As such the role requires you to work outside standard office hours.
You would be required to work the a 5 day shift pattern over the 7 day week:
Weekdays – Hours 11:30am to 8pm
Weekend – 8:30am to 4:30pm
Time Off – 2 days per week.
Days on/off can be reviewed with manager on a monthly basis as per the wider team rota. The role must include weekend shifts.
Candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org